Reporting

Web framework apps and PDF reports

helge
Builder

I know that I cannot generate PDFs of HTML aka web framework dashboards (documented here). That is really unfortunate because customers want that functionality.

If I am not mistaken the only option I have is to rebuild those dashboards I need as PDF reports in Simple XML (as far as that is possible) and then use the Simple XML for reports. That of course means that part of the work needs to be done twice.

Is my assumption correct? What is the best practice regarding HTML dashboards and PDF reports?

0 Karma
1 Solution

mgroves_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Your assumptions are correct, there is not a direct way to produce PDF reports from within the HTML pages of the Web Framework.

Depending on your requirements, you can mix SimpleXML Pages with HTML Pages within your applications. These SimpleXML pages will still support PDF reports. My suggestion would be to build the pages required for PDF using SimpleXML.

View solution in original post

mgroves_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Your assumptions are correct, there is not a direct way to produce PDF reports from within the HTML pages of the Web Framework.

Depending on your requirements, you can mix SimpleXML Pages with HTML Pages within your applications. These SimpleXML pages will still support PDF reports. My suggestion would be to build the pages required for PDF using SimpleXML.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...