Reporting

Stacked bar graph that answer a question yes or no

jeffpaschke
Engager

I am a newbie to Splunk,  I have found that I have been able to re-create most of my reports and build them out into a usable dashboard or report. I have one that I just cannot seem to get correct or all the information into the correct way.  So here is what I have 

(Source) email=*, recipient_group="*", reported_phish="*" | timechart count(reported_phish) by recipient_group 

This gets me real close,it will split out the report into the three departments and give a total of all the email phishing scenarios available in the reported_phish field in grand total.  If I change the reported_phish="Yes" I get everyone that has reported the phishing test or if I use reported_phish="No" I get the same for the people who have not reported the phish email,  so I believe that the data I need is there  for my graph.

What my final outcome would be is have the chart where every department has the count of yes or no answers in a total. below shows the grand totals and I would like to split the department to reflect yes and no along with the grand total.  Again I apologize for not being able to find the answer.  I have tried to split, append, different charts from the community and google and I am just drawing a total blank  

Thank You in advance

Jeff

jeffpaschke_0-1629492357975.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jeffpaschke
Engager

ITWhisperer,

I do thank you for taking the time to answer my question.  I didn't think of working in the X and Y axis of the chart to get different out comes other than from a search point of view.  I will have to dive deeper into that part to see, if any other results can be found in the layout.

Again Thank you

Jeff 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The standard chart does not offer the capability you are after. Essentially, you have an x-axis (date in your case), a y-axis (count in your case), and a number of series (department in your case). These series can either be displayed side-by-side (as you have shown), or stacked. The functionality you require is for the series to be subdivided into yes/no and the departments to be side-by-side and the yes/no to be stacked within the departments. I have not seen a chart which matches this but that's not to say there isn't one.

0 Karma

jeffpaschke
Engager

ITWhisperer,

I do thank you for taking the time to answer my question.  I didn't think of working in the X and Y axis of the chart to get different out comes other than from a search point of view.  I will have to dive deeper into that part to see, if any other results can be found in the layout.

Again Thank you

Jeff 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...