Reporting

Splunk scheduled jobs do not run

kjcorbin
Explorer

I have many jobs scheduled to run on a regular basis in splunk, some every 30 minutes some every 5 minutes. Today, for no obvious reason, two of the jobs stopped running. I have tried unscheduling and rescheduling the jobs and even diasabling and re-enabling them. But still the time for the jobs comes and goes and no job is fired. If I look in the jobs list I see no records for these jobs.

Has anyone seen this happen before? Is there somewhere I can look to see if the jobs are failing for some reason?

thanks,
Keith

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Lowell
Super Champion

You can also search for these within Splunk too:

index=_internal source=*scheduler.log "My scheduled search name"

View solution in original post

Lowell
Super Champion

You can also search for these within Splunk too:

index=_internal source=*scheduler.log "My scheduled search name"

hjwang
Contributor

Check the $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/scheduler.log to see if your scheduled saved search ever run.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...