Other Usage

Splunk Report to identify hosts/containers that are not reporting anything

prachijain1288
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hello All,

I have an inputlookup csv file that contains a list of host and corresponding docker containers running on those hosts for my environment. I am trying to generate a report where I can report daily list of host+containers that have not sent any logs to splunk for that particular day. Stats count does not return 0 event count. I am trying to get something like below:

Monday                                 Tuesday                           Wednesday                   Thursday                              Friday

host1-containerx             host3-containerx         host4-containerx.       host5-containerx              ---

host1-containery            host3-containery         host5-containerx

host2-containerz          host3-containerz

host1-containery

host2-containerz

I would appreciate any help 🙂

Thank you !!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

efavreau
Motivator

@prachijain1288  Try to search for your answer in the community to see if the question has already been asked. As ITWhisperer indicates, this comes up. A lot. Also, you want to try to tell us what you've tried, what the result was, why the result doesn't meet your expectations, and what your expectations were. This helps us figure out what a possible solution might be.

To give you one possible lead to your question, try reading this and if that doesn't help, use the link ITWhisperer created.
https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/Display-hosts-with-no-data/m-p/293342

###

If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could start here 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...