Reporting

[Splunk Cloud] Scheduled PDF Export Sometimes Doesn't Send

jsukenik
Engager

I have a dashboard that I have configured to "Schedule PDF Delivery" once a day on Splunk Cloud. However, once in a while, I do not receive an email. I am not sure how to debug or look into this, as it can be some combination of Splunk killing the scheduled search that is creating the PDF, it could be timing out, or there can be a problem with the Splunk mail server.

Are there any internal logs I could look at or known reasons why I would have this infrequent behavior in Splunk Cloud?

0 Karma
1 Solution

cmerriman
Super Champion

You might be able to look in index=_internal source=*python.log* to see if there are email errors. There is also index=_internal sourcetype=PDFGen* I believe that might have pdf errors.

View solution in original post

cmerriman
Super Champion

You might be able to look in index=_internal source=*python.log* to see if there are email errors. There is also index=_internal sourcetype=PDFGen* I believe that might have pdf errors.

jsukenik
Engager

Both of your queries allowed me to discover that the PDF was both generated and sent.

Turns out that it was sent to my spam folder on exactly those dates but not on other dates for some reason. Thank you for your help!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...