Reporting

Scheduling report is not available

chudak

I created a report but when I want to add scheduling to it via Edit, I see no such option.

Please help me understand why is it missing ?

Thx

0 Karma

chudak

I have "Free Splunk" licence now, but not does not solve my initial issue - ability to schedule reports.

(don't care much about "no authentication any longer" as it is behind firewall)

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The free license doesn't include scheduling. To solve that, buy splunk.

0 Karma

rvany
Communicator

"Free Splunk" is NOT the same as the "60-day-trial-Splunk Enterprise".

The former allows you to use Splunk in your environment, ingesting 500MB/day but leaving out many (if not all) of the features you for sure want in an enterprise environment, e.g. authentication or clustering. But still you have the main professional functionality like indexing, searching, reports, dashboards etc. with all their benefits.

The latter is the complete Splunk Enterprise solution with no reduction in functionality - but for a 60-day-trial period. In my opinion it would be unreasonable from a Splunk Inc.'s perspective to "give it away for free" 😉

Have a look to see the differences between the Splunk versions.

You can still change your trial-installation to the free version:

Just go to "Settings - LIcensing - Change License Group" and select "Free Splunk". But be aware that there's no authentication any longer. So if your Splunk installation is directly connected to the internet, everyone could analyse your data...

0 Karma

chudak

This is my instance, so I can do whatever.

Is it a limitation of free license?
(If so it's time to move on to a different tool)

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@chudak seems like your trial license has expired. Free License several features like Access Management is not available. Refer to Splunk Documentation: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/TypesofSplunklicenses

If this is for personal use you can always keep a backup of your sample/learning apps and reinstall latest version of Splunk which will give you another 60 days of trial Enterprise license.

chudak

I've just installed a new version upgrade 2 days ago.
Is there anything special to reactivate another 60 days of trial Enterprise license?

BTW, it feels unreasonable !

0 Karma

rvany
Communicator

Upgrading does not extend the trail period.
There's no "reactivation" of the trial license. Instead, as niketnilay pointed out, you could throw away your current installation (delete the whole "splunk"-directory and re-install Splunk to get another 60-day-trial. Be aware that all your collected data is thrown away also (of course 😉 )!

What do you mean with "it feels unreasonable"?

0 Karma

chudak

Thank you for explaining !

0 Karma

chudak

What you described is what I called "unreasonable" 🙂

Why to force an individual user to do this? get rid of free licence and that will be it !

0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello. It sounds like the role your admin assigned you does not have the schedule_search capability.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Authorizeconf

I have seen Admins do that on very busy Splunk instances when resources are low.

0 Karma

rvany
Communicator

What's your role in Splunk?

0 Karma

chudak

I wish I knew 😞
I think I logged as the user who installed it.
But I see no users in Access Control » Users and no roles

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...