Reporting

Scheduled report sends email only by the first execution

alex_kh
Explorer

Hello Folks,
i am facing following issue:
I created a search, which has to be executed every morning at 8:00 am (and look back at the previous 24 h.) and regardless of the events an email has to be send to the client.

To test the functionality i created a scheduled report, which has to send an email every 1 minute with the information about last 8 hours.

Problems:
1)I get two emails instead of one per execution
2) These two emails are the only emails which i get from this scheduled report.
3) if I perform any changes on the report configurations, i immediately get two further emails but then nothing happens.

I checked index= _internal test_report status and the search was executed correctly and successfull according to the schedule

alt text

0 Karma

kmaron
Motivator

have you tried sending it at a longer interval? say every 5 minutes? if one report is still running while the next one tries to run it can cause issues.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...