Reporting

Schedule PDF Delivery is grayed out for dashboard with timerange picker

swatij
Engager

I have created a simple dashboard which has timerange picker. I want to "Schedule PDF Delivery" for the same but that link is disabled. If I remove timerange picker than "Schedule PDF Delivery" is visible but I need this feature with timerange picker.

Here's my code. It's just simple code:

-7d@h
now

index="system" sourcetype="basic" eventId="test1"| stats count by eventIdtruefalsenonerow10
index="system" sourcetype="basic" eventId="test2"| stats count by eventIdtruefalsenonerow10

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is a limitation of integrated PDF generation: it does not work with forms. See the exceptions list in the documentation.

View solution in original post

renjujacob88
Path Finder

Schedule PDF delivery wont work with time picker filter. For any user having power account,enable "list_settings" capabilities to have this working

Pathik
Explorer

I have same need like discussed here. Got a dashboard which I would like to use for both monitoring by looking at it by selecting time window & would also like to get a daily scheduled PDF. Can someone please double confirm if its feasible. 

Thanks a lot

Pathik

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is a limitation of integrated PDF generation: it does not work with forms. See the exceptions list in the documentation.

tro
Path Finder
0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

And I see that this I can't just change it from a form to a dashboard. The dashboard doesn't support the time picker.

Thanks for the explanation!

season88481
Contributor

I remove the time-range picker from mine, and it works. 🙂

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm having the same challenge. Is this a bug? Did you learn anything more?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...