Reporting

SMTP SMARTTLS auth fail command="sendemail", (535, '5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful') while sending mail to:splunk.mtlk@gmail.com

asugandhi

index=cisco_asa src_ip!=10.* src_ip!=172.* src_ip!=192.* action=allowed | stats count by src_ip,dest_ip,dest_port | head 10 | sendemail to="splunk.mtlk@gmail.com" content_type=html subject=myresults sendresults=true inline=true sendpdf=true server="smtp.gmail.com:587" use_tls=true

I'm executing this query but getting error command="sendemail", (535, '5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful') while sending mail to: splunk.mtlk@gmail.com

Under Server --> Email configuration: (local\alert_actions.conf)

[email]
auth_password = ******
auth_username = splunk.mtlk@gmail.com
mailserver = smtp.gmail.com:587
pdf.header_left = none
pdf.header_right = pagination
use_ssl = 0
use_tls = 1
from = Splunk Administrator
sslVersions = *

options tried: "ssl3", "tls1.0", "tls1.1", and "tls1.2".
* The special version "*" selects all supported versions. The version "tls"
selects all versions tls1.0 or newer.
Reference: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.1/Admin/Alertactionsconf

But SPL works when I execute
index=cisco_asa src_ip!=10.* src_ip!=172.* src_ip!=192.* action=allowed | stats count by src_ip,dest_ip,dest_port | head 10 | sendemail to="splunk.mtlk@gmail.com" content_type=html subject=myresults sendresults=true inline=true sendpdf=true server="smtp.gmail.com:25"

Under Server --> Email configuration: (local\alert_actions.conf)

[email]
auth_password = ******
auth_username = splunk.mtlk@gmail.com
mailserver = smtp.gmail.com
pdf.header_left = none
pdf.header_right = pagination
use_ssl = 0
use_tls = 1

But in both email configuration type; the scheduled alert is not working and don't get mails whereas the report is available to download in the Searches, reports, and alerts.

Note: I'm replacing company domain with gmail. I'm using "sendmail" to test alert.manually

0 Karma

diogofgm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This seems a credential problem. Have you double check them? Can you check with your email admin the correct ports of your smtp server since you seem to be using 25 or 587. Also on the second config you are missing the port in the mailserver atribute

------------
Hope I was able to help you. If so, some karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...