Reporting

Renaming reports (please add this feature!)

jwild91
Engager

I saw there is responses from 2013 and 2015 you cannot rename a report. Why is this still not a thing? Is there something preventing this from being added? This seems very basic and is disappointing I cannot change my report without deleting and recreating it.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jwild91,

you can ask a new feature in Splunk Ideas (ideas.splunk.com).

I agree with you a renamimg feature is missing, I also asked to have a column for Dashboards (but also for Reports) with an additional column with last update time that i think is useful.

As a workaround, you can clone a report, as hinted by @chaker, or you could also (but i don't like) to modify report's name in savedsearches.conf.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jwild91,

you can ask a new feature in Splunk Ideas (ideas.splunk.com).

I agree with you a renamimg feature is missing, I also asked to have a column for Dashboards (but also for Reports) with an additional column with last update time that i think is useful.

As a workaround, you can clone a report, as hinted by @chaker, or you could also (but i don't like) to modify report's name in savedsearches.conf.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

chaker
Contributor

I don't know the answer to your question regarding why it's not a thing. But you can clone reports to rename, you don't have to delete and recreate. Clone to rename, then delete or disable original. 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/8.2.2203/Report/Createandeditreports#Clone_a_repor...

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...