Reporting

Referencing a saved search in simple xml not returning the most recent saved search anymore

simpkins1958
Contributor

We have a simple xml dashboard that has many charts that reference saved searches that are run every night at 3am. Since upgrading to Splunk 7.1.1 when we reference the saved search in our dashboard the search that is used is NOT the most recent saved search it is the oldest. This was not the behavior in Splunk 7.0.x.

savedsearches.conf:

[DatesPrevious30Days]
run_on_startup = true
alert.track = 0
cron_schedule = 0 3 * * *
dispatch.earliest_time = -30d@d
dispatch.latest_time = @d
enableSched = 1
search = index=nmi_main source=netmotion sourcetype=nm_session \
| fields _time \
| stats min(_time) as firstTime max(_time) as lastTime \
| eval totalDays=round((lastTime-firstTime)/86400,0) \
| eval firstTime=strftime(firstTime, "%a %b %e, %Y") \
| eval lastTime=strftime(lastTime, "%a %b %e, %Y")

alt text

alt text

iwks
Explorer

I'm having this problem with SE 7.1.0. Did you ever find a solution?

0 Karma

nadlurinadluri
Communicator

I am not sure on the issue, as we are still using 6.64; but did you happen to use the below for calling the saved search and try it?
|loadjob savedsearch="owner:app:savedsearchname"

0 Karma

iwks
Explorer

I use <search ref="saved_search_name"></search> in Simple XML dashboards, so I'm not sure how I would adapt that to use the | loadjob construct.

0 Karma

nadlurinadluri
Communicator

Before applying this on the dashboard, you can try running this on the search bar, and see if it is taking the latest savedsearch result,

|loadjob savedsearch="owner:app:savedsearchname"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...