Reporting

Query about saved searches

MHibbin
Influencer

SplunkBase,

The following question is partially out of curiosity...

When a search string is saved as a report (e.g. a pie chart), where in the conf files is the information dictating the chart/report type used. I looked in the savedsearches.conf file, but there was no reference to the chart type, only to the search string, and some alert based options.

I have flicked through the rest of the App ($SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<app_name/) directory but could not find a reference to the chart type, etc.

Apologies if I'm asking an obvious question, just haven't referenced this before.

Regards,

MHibbin

0 Karma
1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It's stored in personal viewstates.conf files under etc/users/, which are referenced by the vsid property in the savedsearches.conf file. However, these can (and should) be overridden by explicit setting if you use the search on an XML dashboard.

View solution in original post

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It's stored in personal viewstates.conf files under etc/users/, which are referenced by the vsid property in the savedsearches.conf file. However, these can (and should) be overridden by explicit setting if you use the search on an XML dashboard.

MHibbin
Influencer

Ok thanks I see now.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...