Reporting

PDF Error message - User has no data in his PDF Report

rsimmons
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Error message from users python.log:

2010-04-23 16:30:12,102 INFO xvfb:115 - Starting X Server: ['/usr/bin/Xvfb', ':5', '-screen', '0', '3000x768x24', '-nolisten', 'tcp'] 2010-04-23 16:30:12,102 INFO Starting X Server: ['/usr/bin/Xvfb', ':5', '-screen', '0', '3000x768x24', '-nolisten', 'tcp']

Tags (1)
1 Solution

rsimmons
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Ensure that the Xvfb X server and xauth for your Linux distribution is installed. This is included with most Linux distributions, but not installed by default. You won't get anything in your PDF report unless this part is setup on the server.

• On Redhat/CentOS/Fedora, type: yum install Xvfb xauth (note the capital X for Xvfb.)
  • On Debian/Ubuntu, type: apt-get install xvfb xauth

View solution in original post

rsimmons
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Ensure that the Xvfb X server and xauth for your Linux distribution is installed. This is included with most Linux distributions, but not installed by default. You won't get anything in your PDF report unless this part is setup on the server.

• On Redhat/CentOS/Fedora, type: yum install Xvfb xauth (note the capital X for Xvfb.)
  • On Debian/Ubuntu, type: apt-get install xvfb xauth
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...