Reporting

Network Toolkit : ping status for Multiple IP in different columns ?

pgadhari
Builder

I am using Network Toolkit app for pinging some of my servers and getting the status as "Down" or "UP" and using lookup file I am showing other details of that server such as Area, Location, Data_Port and Time_server. But along with this, I have to show the ping status of "Time_Server" also into the same table panel. I don't want to create separate panels for Time Server health status. Attaching screenshot for your reference, so basically there should be one more column named "Time_Server_Status" showing "Down" or "UP" at the end of the table ?

I have installed Network Toolkit app on HF and collecting the data into my index, the server ping is getting collected as sourcetype "ping", and I am also collecting ping status for Time_Server IPs in different sourcetype as timeserver_ping. In our environment, I want to monitor 200 server IPs and 10 Time_Server IPs, and I am using lookup file to show all the details as mentioned above. Hence, how can I show both Server and Time_Server IP ping status in the same table ? Please advise ?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can first search for both the data sources, lets say you have sourc1 for ping status of servers and source2 for ping status of time_server

source1 OR source2 | then your search and apply lookup.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

pgadhari
Builder

@thambisetty  - even if I search both sources, showing Server_IP and Time_Server_IP will be problem, as I have 200 Server_IPs and only 10 Time_Server_IP. Actually, some Server_IPs (for eg 50 Server_IPs point to one Time_Server_IP), hence, showing the status will actually not work after taking from the lookup ? hope you got it ?

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am using Network Toolkit app for pinging some of my servers and getting the status as "Down" or "UP" and using lookup file I am showing other details of that server such as Area, Location, Data_Port and Time_server.

The above you have already got as per the screenshot you have attached. next - >

your search 
| append [| index=indexwhereyourtimeserver_pingdetails sourcetype=timeserver_ping | table time_server_ip ping_status]
| stats values(*) as * by time_server_ip

Note: the time_server_ip from your search results and timeserver_ping should match to combine results and show in single table.

hope this helps. upvote if this solves your problem

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

pgadhari
Builder

ok i will check the query and get back to you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...