Reporting

Monthly Occupancy Report with Daily Events

spodda01da
Path Finder

Hello All,

I am trying to generate a Monthly Occupancy Report of users with Daily events.

The issue is the Daily events consists of Multiple entries of a user, so I have to use "dedup user" command to get single entries every day

As running dedup command on Monthly report will give single entry of a user in a month, I am extracting reports per day and then consolidate it to get a monthly report which is time consuming.

Looking for suggestions/commands which will help to run a monthly report with Single event of a user (per day).

| lookup AD-lookup sAMAccountName as user output displayName,givenName,sn,mail,telephoneNumber,mobile,manager,department
| eval Date=strftime(_time, "%d-%m-%Y"), Time=strftime(_time, "%H:%M") | table Date,Time, user, displayName, title, department, host, Address, Subnet, Site, mail, mobile
| dedup user
| sort 0 -Date,-Time |

Thanks,

0 Karma
1 Solution

DalJeanis
Legend

Really, you don't have to go to all that trouble.

dedup is a little more flexible than you are thinking.

your search that gets one or more records for each user per day for the whole month
 | table _time User
 | bin _time span=1d as Day
 | dedup User Day 

The above gets you one record per User per Day.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Really, you don't have to go to all that trouble.

dedup is a little more flexible than you are thinking.

your search that gets one or more records for each user per day for the whole month
 | table _time User
 | bin _time span=1d as Day
 | dedup User Day 

The above gets you one record per User per Day.

0 Karma

spodda01da
Path Finder

Thank you, it worked

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...