Other Usage

Location and visibility of home dashboard- Does it appear as home dashboard for everybody or just me?

HarAtWork
Explorer

I created a dashboard in a custom app to display a report that's also in the app. I've made the report and dashboard visible to my work group.

When I set the dashboard to be the home dashboard, I found that it appears not on my app's home page but on Splunk's general Search and Reporting home page. Is that correct? Or should it appear on my app's home page?

Also, when I set it as  the home dashboard, does it appear as the home dashboard for everybody or just me? In other words, is "home dashboard" a personal setting, an app-wide setting, or an enterprise-wide setting? (Sure, I can just ask one of my coworkers to check whether they see it on their Splunk home page, but as long as I'm here to ask the previous question I figured I'd also ask this one.)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, the home dashboard is just for you.

The default dashboard of an app, however, is for all users of the app.  It's set in the navigation menu of the app (Settings->User interface->Navigation menus)

<nav search_view="search" color="#65A637">
  <view name="foo" default='true' />
  <view name="bar" />
  <view name="datasets" />
  <view name="reports" />
  <view name="alerts" />
  <view name="dashboards" />
</nav>

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, the home dashboard is just for you.

The default dashboard of an app, however, is for all users of the app.  It's set in the navigation menu of the app (Settings->User interface->Navigation menus)

<nav search_view="search" color="#65A637">
  <view name="foo" default='true' />
  <view name="bar" />
  <view name="datasets" />
  <view name="reports" />
  <view name="alerts" />
  <view name="dashboards" />
</nav>

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

HarAtWork
Explorer

Ah, thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...