Reporting

License master messages to mailbox

ramprakash
Explorer

Hello Splunkers,

I need to send License master warnings to my mailbox.

Can someone please assist how can we make it possible.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ashutoshab
Communicator

There are two ways of doing this. One is by creating a manual alert in the search app on the License Master. The second one is through Monitoring Console.

I will write about the second way, which is straight forward instead of writing a search.

1. Login through Admin and open the monitoring console. Settings >> Monitoring Console
  2. In the Monitoring Console , there is Settings Menu, under which there is Alerts Setup option.
  3. It will enlist all DMC Alerts, one of them is DMC Alert - Total License Usage Near Daily Quota
  4. Here, you can Edit the License quota in the Edit option and You can create an Email Alert notification in the Advanced Edit option.
  5. Finally you enable the alert.

Please make sure you have a working email setup to send emails.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ashutoshab
Communicator

There are two ways of doing this. One is by creating a manual alert in the search app on the License Master. The second one is through Monitoring Console.

I will write about the second way, which is straight forward instead of writing a search.

1. Login through Admin and open the monitoring console. Settings >> Monitoring Console
  2. In the Monitoring Console , there is Settings Menu, under which there is Alerts Setup option.
  3. It will enlist all DMC Alerts, one of them is DMC Alert - Total License Usage Near Daily Quota
  4. Here, you can Edit the License quota in the Edit option and You can create an Email Alert notification in the Advanced Edit option.
  5. Finally you enable the alert.

Please make sure you have a working email setup to send emails.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...