Reporting

License Usage - Previous 30 days - no results are found

monteirolopes
Communicator

Hi,

I'm running the "License Usage - Previous 30 days" report and no results are found!
When I run the "License Usage - Today" report, information is displayed.
In the filter it is possible to view the pools, however, no information is displayed.
Is there any specific configuration missing?

In my environment, I have 3 instances:
Machine 1: search head, deployment server, license master
Machine 2: Indexer 1
Machine 3: Indexer 2

I use the distributed search architecture.

Reference link: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/113466/license-usage-past-30-days-dont-work.html

alt text

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

dgrubb_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Is machine 1 configured to send its internal logs to the indexers?

View solution in original post

dgrubb_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Is machine 1 configured to send its internal logs to the indexers?

monteirolopes
Communicator

Now my indexers are receiving machine 1 internal logs, however, no results are found in report "License Usage - Previous 30 days".

Is there any specific configuration missing?

0 Karma

monteirolopes
Communicator

It works! The RolloverSummary event had not yet been created.

Reference: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.2/Admin/AboutSplunksLicenseUsageReportView

"These panels all use data collected from license_usage.log, type=RolloverSummary (daily totals). If your license master is down at its local midnight, it will not generate a RolloverSummary event for that day, and you will not see that day's data in these panels."

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...