Reporting

Job Management - Save

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

Hi,

I can't find the answer in the docs: What is the effect of saving a job in the jobs manager? It disappears from the list, but that's all I recognized.

BG

Heinz

Tags (2)
1 Solution

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Saving a job from the jobs manager is practically the same as saving the results of a search from elsewhere in Splunk. Splunk searches cause jobs to be executed, and the results of these jobs are saved by default for 10 minutes. When you save a job, it is kept longer - defaulting to a week. Saved jobs allow you to share search results with colleagues, or refer back to them as needed later on.

There is good information on the job lifecycle in the Knowlege Manager documentation, and TTL settings for jobs are configured in limits.conf.

View solution in original post

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Saving a job from the jobs manager is practically the same as saving the results of a search from elsewhere in Splunk. Splunk searches cause jobs to be executed, and the results of these jobs are saved by default for 10 minutes. When you save a job, it is kept longer - defaulting to a week. Saved jobs allow you to share search results with colleagues, or refer back to them as needed later on.

There is good information on the job lifecycle in the Knowlege Manager documentation, and TTL settings for jobs are configured in limits.conf.

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...