Reporting

Is there a way to retrieve the messages from the banner at the top of the UI and email me a report on them?

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I wanted to have a check of the messages displayed on the top of the UI and email me a report on them, instead of logging in to see them.

Tags (4)
1 Solution

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

And I found this search to get them :

| rest /services/messages | table title message severity timeCreated_iso published splunk_server author 

Then schedule it with an alert to email me a copy once a while.

PS : If you want to create messages for your users on the fly from the command line

curl -k -u admin:changeme https://localhost:8089/services/messages -d severity="warn" -d name=message -d value="This is your Splunk Admin, there will be a maintenance of this instance in 10 minutes -> 15:00 , ETA of 30 minutes -> 15:30, for updates contact me at YourFriendlyNeighborhoodAdmin@mydomain.com"

View solution in original post

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

And I found this search to get them :

| rest /services/messages | table title message severity timeCreated_iso published splunk_server author 

Then schedule it with an alert to email me a copy once a while.

PS : If you want to create messages for your users on the fly from the command line

curl -k -u admin:changeme https://localhost:8089/services/messages -d severity="warn" -d name=message -d value="This is your Splunk Admin, there will be a maintenance of this instance in 10 minutes -> 15:00 , ETA of 30 minutes -> 15:30, for updates contact me at YourFriendlyNeighborhoodAdmin@mydomain.com"

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For completeness' sake, you can also add messages through the UI by going to Settings -> User Interface -> Bulletin Messages.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...