Reporting

If I delete a local user account from a search head, what happens to that user's apps and reports?

kiran331
Builder

Hi

I have to delete a user (local account) from a Splunk Search Head. The user has some apps, reports ownership. What happens to those apps and reports if I delete the user account? Is there a better way to delete the account without affecting the apps and reports?

0 Karma
1 Solution

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

They are completely independent entities, so it's safe to delete the user.

You might run into the situation of orphaned entities which the following page explains - Resolve orphaned searches, reports, and alerts

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

They are completely independent entities, so it's safe to delete the user.

You might run into the situation of orphaned entities which the following page explains - Resolve orphaned searches, reports, and alerts

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...