Reporting

How to view reports link without providing login credentials?

anallagundla
Engager

Hi,

I have created reports using splunk search and then shared the link to my team members. Now when one of my team members hit the link splunk prompts user to enter login credentials. Now i want to automate in such way that splunk doesn't ask login details, but takes the person directly to the report ? So is there a way for that ? Is it possible in splunk ?

Version used: Splunk 4.0.9, build 74233

Tags (1)

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In 4.0, you can use the "insecure login" method described here:

http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.1.4/Developer/3rdParty

To create a link that is accessed as a specific single user whose credentials would be in the URL. However, you would simply create a restricted account, prevent password from being changed, and use that as your "insecure login" credential account. Note that you could even isolate this account to a separate search head instance that is only used for this purpose.

In 4.1, you can use SSO integration with your choice of SSO providers. However, I don't know of any typical SSO providers that allow both authenticated and anonymous access. There is a lot more flexibility in how you might configure your SSO provider reverse proxy, but it's not simpler than the "insecure login" account method.

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It does. Please look at the 4.0.9 documentation: http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.0.9/Developer/ThirdParty

0 Karma

anallagundla
Engager

yeah, thanks for the inputs u shared. But does this insecure logine work with Splunk 4.0.9 version ? I dont think so.Because when i go thru the documentation it say's this for version 4.1 , 4.1.1 , 4.1.2 , 4.1.3 , 4.1.4

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...