Reporting

How to send mails to 300 receipents?

ASISH_9
Engager

We have a report that keeps the time data(hours booked by them in a month) of around 300 employees.
Now we want that if for an employee the number of hours booked by him is less than the aloocated hours, then a mail should be triggered to his/her supervisor
But the problem is the mail is triggering only for 5 people not for all of those whose hours booked is less than the allocated hours.
Please suggest any method

Tags (1)
0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Why not just send it to a single distribution email then add those people to the distro?

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

From what I understand he is not even trying to send to 300 employees. He is sending an alert to the supervisor of those employees who's hour bookings don't match what was allocated.

You can't solve that with a distribution list, as that list of recipients depends on the search results and also I assume you want to only send relevant data to each supervisor.

0 Karma

ASISH_9
Engager

Actually its a query that is being sent as an alert.
The query actually has some conditions that brings out those people whose booked hours is less than estimated for a particular month.
It also has a supervisor column which is matched with their respective employee.
Then i am trying to run this as an email alert.
say like if my booked hours is less than the allocated then an email should be triggered to my supervisor saying that i have booked less hours.The email will not send any number related to hours.
And this will not go as a pdf

0 Karma

manish_singh_77
Builder

By default it is 100(Number of recipients). it could be increased till 10000.
Pls refer the below mentioned link for more information:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.1/Alert/Emailnotification

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Please share the current report/alert configuration, so we can see if there is any explanation for this behavior.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...