Other Usage

How to run a list of queries and generate a report

microserfs
Explorer

Is there anyway to run a series of queries - anywhere from 10 to 60 - and have a report generated?

I'm being discouraged from using the API (and I'm not an administrator) to run queries, but I'm struggling to figure out another way that I can automate running the queries that I'm creating based on alerts from another application.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @microserfs,

the only way to have a dyniamic list of savedsearches is REST API.

If you aren't an administrator, you could create the search and give to an administrator.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @microserfs,

the only way to have a dyniamic list of savedsearches is REST API.

If you aren't an administrator, you could create the search and give to an administrator.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you mean you want to run a splunk search? Can you not just create a search, save it as a report and schedule it to run when you want to.

microserfs
Explorer

Unfortunately there are two many changing variables that I have to pull from another source

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...