Reporting

How to export daily dataset to csv file?

Rayees
Explorer

Hi,

I need a help in creating a daily csv export to a file from a data set for 24 hrs . I have a data set under Search & Reporting >>Datasets >>my dump report. now when i click on the my dump report it gives me report for any specific condition / time / period what ever i like and then i am able to download the same as csv file . I need help to create a daily automatic job of the same so that after every 24 hrs ( each day from 00:00:00 hrs to 23:59:00 hrs ) the report is created and saved / exported to a specific folder / disk with date_Month_year wise folder / file . Kindly help me / guide me for the same . i am trying on splunk installed on windows.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Rayees
Explorer

Hi Sir,

Greetings . Thanks for help . As i am very new to Splunk so i was not able to figure out the solution you shared though i read the documentation shared by you . I need  more help in creating this solution to get the desired output . Regarding moving the csv file from Splunk Base that i can handle. Can you help me further in this regard.

Regards

Rayees

Hi Sir,

Greetings . Thanks for help . As i am very new to Splunk so i was not able to figure out the solution you shared though i read the documentation shared by you . I need  more help in creating this solution to get the desired output . Regarding moving the csv file from Splunk Base that i can handle. Can you help me further in this regard. I have attached the screen shots.

Regards

Rayees

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Rayees,

you should modify your search adding the outputcsv command at the end of your search (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.2/SearchReference/Outputcsv) and create an alert using this search.

The only problem is that the csv can be saved in a fixed (and not configurable) folder: $SPLUNK_HOME\var\run\splunk\csv

This means that you have also to create a script that mopves the csv in the desidered folder.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Rayees
Explorer

Hi Sir,

Greetings . Thanks for help . As i am very new to Splunk so i was not able to figure out the solution you shared though i read the documentation shared by you . I need  more help in creating this solution to get the desired output . Regarding moving the csv file from Splunk Base that i can handle. Can you help me further in this regard.

Regards

Rayees

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Rayees ,

I don't know your search, but if it' something like this:

<your_search>
| timechart span=1h count BY host

you have to add the outputcsv at the end of your search:

<your_search> earliest=-24h@h latest=@h
| timechart span=1h count BY host
| outputcsv your_csv_file.csv

and save it as an alert scheduled e.g. at 1 AM in [Save As > Alert > Run every day > Run at 1.00 > Save] 

In this way you'll have the file in the $SPLUNK_HOME\var\run\splunk\csv folder, so you can schedule a shell script to move it in another folder.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Rayees,

if this answer solves your need, please accept it for the other people of Community or tell me how I can help you.

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated by all the Contributors;-)

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...