Other Usage

How to configure settings for the "nobody" user and what is the max srchDiskQuota setting?

claudiaG
Engager

We currently have an issue with our "nobody" user in splunk whom we assign all our scheduled reports to. we are reaching daily the disk quota limit and  a lot of searches are getting skipped.

"The maximum disk usage quota for this user has been reached."

Now I want to increase the "srchDiskQuota" in the authorize.conf.  But having two questions:

1. Is it correct that if we want to assign anything to the "nobody" user we need to do this for [default] since the "nobody" user isnt assigned to any role? Or is the user actually part of the role "splunk-system-role"?

2. How can I find out what would be my maximum setting for the "srchDiskQuota" to not brake my system?

Thanks for a short feedback.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I recommend creating a role and account only for running scheduled searches.  Don't use 'nobody'.  Having a role just for scheduled searches makes it much easier to manage the resources it can use.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...