Reporting

How to change the view results link in the alert manager?

cealtea
Engager

Hi,

I'm working with Splunk 4.2.2 and we have set up alerts (scheduled saved searches).
When an alert is fired, a view results link is available for each alert in the event manager.

the url for this link goes in the app named search. I would like to change this link and use my own application to display the results.

How can I do that ?

Thanks

Ledion_Bitincka
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

One easy way to change the link would be to move the search that's generating the alert into you app. In the large majority of the cases looking at the search results generated from a different app might not work correctly.

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

Ledion,
While i visited them we checked and even the alert is created into custom app the view results in alert manager for this alert still default to search app.

0 Karma

cealtea
Engager

I dig into this problem. It seems related to the ViewRedirectorLink Module. Inside the alert popup, the javascript function Splunk.util.getCurrentApp() returns "UNKNOWN_APP" instead of our app.

That's why the default search appears in the view results link.

Do you have any idea how to change the link using the appname set in the alert table ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...