Reporting

How to change the Y-axis display data labels on a scatter plot?

faisalchohan

Hi Splunk Members, 

I am relatively new to splunk and I wanted to ask a very basic question.

I would like to find out  "How  can I change the Y-axis display data labels on a scatter plot without comprising the 1 to 3 scale ?

• 1 to "low"
  • 2 to "medium"
  • 3  to "high"

| eval Alert_Level = case(Alert_Level = "Very Poor", 1, Alert_Level = "Poor", 2, Alert_Level = "Fair" , 3 )

| table Xaxis Yaxis  Alert_Level 

faisalchohan_2-1649815181951.png

This is incorrect as this plot thinks it is a string rather then number.

| eval Alert_Level2 = case(Alert_Level = 1, "low", Alert_Level = 2, "medium", Alert_Level = 3 , "high" )

| table Xaxis Yaxis  Alert_Level2

faisalchohan_1-1649815059933.png

or else i was trying the below but not sure if i am doing it in a best way

HTML Source:

<option name="charting.chart.showDataLabels">high</option>
<option name="charting.axisTitleY.visibility">1:"Low", 2:"Medium", 3:"High"</option>

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

tshah-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @faisalchohan,

I don't think it is possible to change the labels on the Y-axis in any of the graph charts. Also, the charting.axisTitleY.visibility is to set if the title of the Y-axis should be visible or not. You can find information related to the parameter here - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.6/Viz/ChartConfigurationReference#:~:text=charting.... 

You can transpose the data from Y-Axis to X-Axis and then use case conditions to change the mapping of the Alert_level.

---
If you find the answer helpful, an upvote/karma is appreciated
0 Karma

faisalchohan

Hi  @tshah-splunk

I really appreciated your response.

I have transpose the axis but it's the same result but showing on different axis. 

Are you able to share some example?

Thanks 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk Life | Splunk is Officially Part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint. Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...