Reporting

How to automate secure copy (SCP) saved search results on ServerA to ServerB?

tkwaller
Builder

Hello

I am trying to figure out how I can do this:
I have a saved search that runs on server A and I want to automate secure copy (scp) those results to server B. How can I accomplish this? All I want to do is simply scp the results from one folder to a different folder on a different server.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks for the assistance!

0 Karma
1 Solution

Yasaswy
Contributor

Hi, There are multiple ways you can do this. You are essentially running a command on a schedule... if you want to go the SCP route. Set up the access via SSHKeys and you can either use crond, or any scheduler even splunk scheduler or a script .

scp -r serverA/ user@serverB:/destination

Taking a guess at what you are trying to do, it might be better just to use a mapped/mounted drive that can be accessed from both locations.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Yasaswy
Contributor

Hi, There are multiple ways you can do this. You are essentially running a command on a schedule... if you want to go the SCP route. Set up the access via SSHKeys and you can either use crond, or any scheduler even splunk scheduler or a script .

scp -r serverA/ user@serverB:/destination

Taking a guess at what you are trying to do, it might be better just to use a mapped/mounted drive that can be accessed from both locations.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...