Reporting

How do I send an email to a user dynamically using adaptive response?

SunilMaharishi
Path Finder

Hello Team ,

i have written a query and mapped using a lookup table to get the email ID of a user. i am trying to send an email to this user dynamically using adaptive response to send the email.

I would like to use :- $result.Email$ , but it is not sending the email to the user .

However, if in the search i use sendemail and send email, it gets delivered to user correctly

is there any thing missing while sending dynamic email notification in notable events ?

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Normally I'd recommend sendresults for this task, but it might not work well with an adaptive response..., so I'm adding this as a comment and not an answer.

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have created an alert action and this will pass script name and results generated from search. Script is written in python which will use results to send email notification to users dynamically with custom html body.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...