Other Usage

How do I remove Print/Generate PDF buttons?

dbaker42
Engager

I have a dashboard that I've created that's tied to a specific user, so when they log in, there is the data that they can view. I don't want the end user to have any further interaction than that. I have every single button removed from the dashboard and it's results, other than these two buttons. I can't seen to find anyway to remove them. Thanks for any help in advance. I'm hoping it's something simple that I'm overlooking.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

emechler_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You'll need to remove the DashboardTitleBar module from the simple XML view. In order to do this, first go to the Dashboard and append "?showsource=1" to the end of the URL in your browser. This will show you the equivalent advanced XML for the view which you can then edit. Copy and paste this XML into a new view but exclude the line near the beginning that calls the DashboardTitleBar module.

For example, in my view I can just comment out this one line as such:

<!-- <module name="DashboardTitleBar" layoutPanel="viewHeader"/> -->

Save the view and you should be all set.

View solution in original post

mathewboarman
Explorer

Hi...

I've just implemented this change... its successful removed the Edit Buttons...

However I would actually like to have a title on my charts.. is there a simple way to insert some text so I can have a Title... without using the title bar... ?

Also I'd like to add a logo.

Many thanks

0 Karma

chris
Motivator

Have you ever found a solution for this? You could probably just add an HTML module for the title....

0 Karma

emechler_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You'll need to remove the DashboardTitleBar module from the simple XML view. In order to do this, first go to the Dashboard and append "?showsource=1" to the end of the URL in your browser. This will show you the equivalent advanced XML for the view which you can then edit. Copy and paste this XML into a new view but exclude the line near the beginning that calls the DashboardTitleBar module.

For example, in my view I can just comment out this one line as such:

<!-- <module name="DashboardTitleBar" layoutPanel="viewHeader"/> -->

Save the view and you should be all set.

craigj3
Observer

Is this still valid? In my classic dashboard I don't see this field. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...