Other Usage

How do I remove Print/Generate PDF buttons?

dbaker42
Engager

I have a dashboard that I've created that's tied to a specific user, so when they log in, there is the data that they can view. I don't want the end user to have any further interaction than that. I have every single button removed from the dashboard and it's results, other than these two buttons. I can't seen to find anyway to remove them. Thanks for any help in advance. I'm hoping it's something simple that I'm overlooking.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

emechler_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You'll need to remove the DashboardTitleBar module from the simple XML view. In order to do this, first go to the Dashboard and append "?showsource=1" to the end of the URL in your browser. This will show you the equivalent advanced XML for the view which you can then edit. Copy and paste this XML into a new view but exclude the line near the beginning that calls the DashboardTitleBar module.

For example, in my view I can just comment out this one line as such:

<!-- <module name="DashboardTitleBar" layoutPanel="viewHeader"/> -->

Save the view and you should be all set.

View solution in original post

mathewboarman
Explorer

Hi...

I've just implemented this change... its successful removed the Edit Buttons...

However I would actually like to have a title on my charts.. is there a simple way to insert some text so I can have a Title... without using the title bar... ?

Also I'd like to add a logo.

Many thanks

0 Karma

chris
Motivator

Have you ever found a solution for this? You could probably just add an HTML module for the title....

0 Karma

emechler_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You'll need to remove the DashboardTitleBar module from the simple XML view. In order to do this, first go to the Dashboard and append "?showsource=1" to the end of the URL in your browser. This will show you the equivalent advanced XML for the view which you can then edit. Copy and paste this XML into a new view but exclude the line near the beginning that calls the DashboardTitleBar module.

For example, in my view I can just comment out this one line as such:

<!-- <module name="DashboardTitleBar" layoutPanel="viewHeader"/> -->

Save the view and you should be all set.

craigj3
Observer

Is this still valid? In my classic dashboard I don't see this field. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...