Reporting

How do I add the date to each data point to the report

daleydlin
Loves-to-Learn

I am creating a dashboard to collect the past 30 days of data of countries and hits. 

I am new to Splunk dashboard's/report/analytics. I've learned to use splunk the past 5 days and running a query is equivalent to coding in "Splunk" similar to how creating a dashboard in "ServiceNow" is coding in ServiceNow. 

I need to know what to enter into my query to create a new column with the date of each data point. It's a simple ask and I cannot find the answer anywhere on your forum or documentation. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

mztopp
Explorer

I'm not sure what search you are using at the moment, but here is a generic example of what I believe you are asking: <search here> | stats count by _time, field1, field2

This would result in:

_time                                                    field1                         field2                     count

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2021-02-08 17:00:00                  ex1                            ex2                                1

0 Karma

daleydlin
Loves-to-Learn

The query I am modifying that somebody else wrote is:

index=default-ap1 sourcetype="Service-cb152a4c4e694c9f9f74b261f0a8e909-prod-*" magic_bits | eval is_tamp=if(magic_bits!=0 AND magic_bits!=1, "tamp request", "gen request") | search is_tamp="tamp request" | iplocation request_client_ip | top limit=100 Country

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...