Reporting

How can I download search results as an encrypted file ?

sunrise
Contributor

Hi Splunkers,

I know that we can export the search results as CSV, raw format, etc..
and use ssl protocol to Splunk web.

But I want to get the search results as an encrypted file.
Is there any idea to encrypt those file to download an encrypted file ?

Thank you for your help.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

There's no such functionality by default, in part because - how would you implement it and what would be the use-case? Do you want a CSV inside an encrypted zip file, and if so, what password would you use? If you use the same password for everyone that's a secret that's then shared by everyone and essentially no longer a secret, really.

Splunk can be extended in all kinds of crazy ways, so you could write your own REST API endpoint that takes the results, encrypts it in some way and returns the encrypted results. I'm still not sure why you would want to do that but with some effort you could implement it if you wanted.

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

There's no such functionality by default, in part because - how would you implement it and what would be the use-case? Do you want a CSV inside an encrypted zip file, and if so, what password would you use? If you use the same password for everyone that's a secret that's then shared by everyone and essentially no longer a secret, really.

Splunk can be extended in all kinds of crazy ways, so you could write your own REST API endpoint that takes the results, encrypts it in some way and returns the encrypted results. I'm still not sure why you would want to do that but with some effort you could implement it if you wanted.

sunrise
Contributor

Thank you, Ayn.
Now I consider to make the compress button which call to system command in python.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...