Reporting

Filtering Search to show the most recent status ??

JohnF
Engager

Hello all, first time post. It's been a great adventure but boy there is alot to learn. I will try and be clear as possible.

I have a dashboard I am making that pulls data from Splunk regarding support tickets (specifically ticket #'s and supposedly current status).  I am finding that in any date range there can be multiple Splunk entries for the same ticket. It's like Splunk is picking up an event every time there is an update to said ticket.

So if I say pull any tickets for a particular queue name with the status of Assigned, there may already be a newer event that has come in that is status of Closed. How can I filter my data to pull incidents by queue and be sure I am getting the most recent possible status?

Here's a code example. I cut out some the eval statements to make it easier to read.

((index="wss_desktop_os") (sourcetype="db_itsm" OR sourcetype="wss_itsm_remedy")) earliest=-24h
| search (queuename AND TOTAL_TRANSFERS >= "4" NOT STATUS_TXT="Closed")
| dedup INCIDENT_#
| table ASSIGNED_GROUP, INCIDENT_#,STATUS_TXT, ASSIGNEE, Age-Days, TOTAL_TRANSFERS

It makes an output like this:

ASSIGNED_GROUPINCIDENT_#STATUS_TXT
Groupticket #status

John F

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

venky1544
Builder

Hi @JohnF 

you can use the transaction command on the incident number

|transaction incident number 

to get you all the status as well as the recent status related to that incident

if it helps karma points are appreciated 

View solution in original post

venky1544
Builder

Hi @JohnF 

you can use the transaction command on the incident number

|transaction incident number 

to get you all the status as well as the recent status related to that incident

if it helps karma points are appreciated 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...