Other Usage

Export is disabled on panels- How do I enable?

POR160893
Builder

Hi,

How can I enable the export functionality on my panels? These panels are using a base search and I am struggling with using a savedsearch with the multiple tokens the panel uses.

Export Disabled with Base Search.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Karma

POR160893
Builder

Is there any other alternative to export from the actual dashbaord? Like, any alternative to using the base search?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @POR160893,

As I said you have two choices for exporting result in a csv:

• open the search in the Search Dashboard and export from them that dashboard,
  • don't use base search, so you have the Export button in each panel.

I think that if you used the base search there's a reason, I suppose that you have in your dashboard many panels starting from the same base search so it guarantees to you best performaces and a minor use of resources.

It isn't possible to have in the same dashboard base search and Export button.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @POR160893,

using base searches export is disabled by default.

If you want to export data, you have to open a panel in Search (button with magnifying glass) and then you can export results.

Ciao.

giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...