Reporting

Export button not working

mbasharat
Contributor

I have a dashboard panel which creates a tabular/statistical table output.

I want to be able to Export the results using the tiny Export button on bottom right.

When this panel is populated with direct query, Export button becomes available. But when I use same query in base search and use post processing resulting in tabular /statistical results, same export button becomes disabled. Why? Fix? Work around? Reason?

I am on Splunk Enterprise 6.6.6 and 7.x

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

pruthvikrishnap
Contributor

Hi MB,
Some panels which are created using post search export panel would'nt work, if the base search is is attributing for other related panels it wont work.
you will only have to open it in search and extract results.

other things which might cause this issue is the permission, i mean if you do not have access to specific index and you try to combine that in your dashboard. You may see this behaviour.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pruthvikrishnap
Contributor

Hi MB,
Some panels which are created using post search export panel would'nt work, if the base search is is attributing for other related panels it wont work.
you will only have to open it in search and extract results.

other things which might cause this issue is the permission, i mean if you do not have access to specific index and you try to combine that in your dashboard. You may see this behaviour.

0 Karma

mbasharat
Contributor

Hi P,

I have full Admin Access.

0 Karma

pruthvikrishnap
Contributor
0 Karma

mbasharat
Contributor

That is it. My hands are up. Not my fault....LOL....I hope Splunk is reading this or may be I should submit a load of enhancement requests I have piled up in my notes.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...