Reporting

Email a report of a view - not a PDF

_mwhite_
Engager

I've created a view that contains four separate tables and I'd like to email out a report showing the output on a daily basis. The PDF delivery option doesn't seem to work well (it's formatted poorly and drops some of the search results). Are there any other options to email the results of a View? Possibly similar to how alerts of individual search results are exported, but for a number of different searches at once?

Simply emailing a link to the view wont do because I need the report to contain the actual output so that if someone were to view one of the emails from a few days prior, they would see the report for that day.

Tags (4)
1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't believe that there is currently (version 4.2.4) any way to do this out of the box. A possibility would be to write a custom script that runs the searches, collects and sends the results, and schedule that separately.

View solution in original post

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't believe that there is currently (version 4.2.4) any way to do this out of the box. A possibility would be to write a custom script that runs the searches, collects and sends the results, and schedule that separately.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...