Reporting

Email PDF report of a dashboard

atanasmitev
Path Finder

Hello guys,

I am trying to create a "Scheduled PDF Report of a dashboard ". Currently running a two-panel dashboard and when I schedule a report no PDF is received :
"Scheduled view delivery.

A PDF snapshot has been generated for the view: ....
"
However if I remove one panel, the PDF report is attached to the email.

Both panels run 24h searches, timechart span=10m so they generate together roughly 300 rows of results. If I generate the report manually, it works fine. What could be the problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Tags (2)
1 Solution

atanasmitev
Path Finder

So, the problem was, that I first used an inline search (doesn't work) , then scheduled single panel reports (doesn't work)

If you setup a dashboard made of predefined reports, and perform a "schedule pdf delivery" for the whole dashboard, then it works like a charm, sending a PDF with charts of every panel on the needed dashboard.

Kind regards,

View solution in original post

atanasmitev
Path Finder

So, the problem was, that I first used an inline search (doesn't work) , then scheduled single panel reports (doesn't work)

If you setup a dashboard made of predefined reports, and perform a "schedule pdf delivery" for the whole dashboard, then it works like a charm, sending a PDF with charts of every panel on the needed dashboard.

Kind regards,

ppablo
Retired

Glad you found your solution @atanasmitev 🙂 be sure to accept your answer!

0 Karma

grundsch
Communicator

ok, that's the "workaround". But it looks like a bug to me? Any splunker to shed some light on this behavior?

atanasmitev
Path Finder

I am not sure it matters, I tested, no luck yet.
I'll do some more testing and ask further.
Thanks
🙂

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you keeping both the panels in same row?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...