Reporting

Email PDF report of a dashboard

atanasmitev
Path Finder

Hello guys,

I am trying to create a "Scheduled PDF Report of a dashboard ". Currently running a two-panel dashboard and when I schedule a report no PDF is received :
"Scheduled view delivery.

A PDF snapshot has been generated for the view: ....
"
However if I remove one panel, the PDF report is attached to the email.

Both panels run 24h searches, timechart span=10m so they generate together roughly 300 rows of results. If I generate the report manually, it works fine. What could be the problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Tags (2)
1 Solution

atanasmitev
Path Finder

So, the problem was, that I first used an inline search (doesn't work) , then scheduled single panel reports (doesn't work)

If you setup a dashboard made of predefined reports, and perform a "schedule pdf delivery" for the whole dashboard, then it works like a charm, sending a PDF with charts of every panel on the needed dashboard.

Kind regards,

View solution in original post

atanasmitev
Path Finder

So, the problem was, that I first used an inline search (doesn't work) , then scheduled single panel reports (doesn't work)

If you setup a dashboard made of predefined reports, and perform a "schedule pdf delivery" for the whole dashboard, then it works like a charm, sending a PDF with charts of every panel on the needed dashboard.

Kind regards,

ppablo
Retired

Glad you found your solution @atanasmitev 🙂 be sure to accept your answer!

0 Karma

grundsch
Communicator

ok, that's the "workaround". But it looks like a bug to me? Any splunker to shed some light on this behavior?

atanasmitev
Path Finder

I am not sure it matters, I tested, no luck yet.
I'll do some more testing and ask further.
Thanks
🙂

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Are you keeping both the panels in same row?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...