Reporting

Documentation for PCI events?

patricktownsend

Hello,

Have searched community forum and developer area but haven't found resources for this. Is there documentation on how to create events that will be indexed into the Splunk PCI reports? The PCI reports are arranged in multiple sections and I would like to send events to the appropriate section. I imagine that there are name/value tags that can be used for this, but need some guidance. A pointer to documentation would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Patrick

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you are using the Splunk App for PCI Compliance, the Installation and Configuration Manual contains instructions for each report that explain what data to index, how to map the data to the relevant Common Information Model fields, configure the report columns, and so on. See Reports in the Splunk App for PCI Compliance as the starting place.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you are using the Splunk App for PCI Compliance, the Installation and Configuration Manual contains instructions for each report that explain what data to index, how to map the data to the relevant Common Information Model fields, configure the report columns, and so on. See Reports in the Splunk App for PCI Compliance as the starting place.

0 Karma

patricktownsend

Thanks Chris, this is the reference I needed. I will need to spend some time understanding the Common Information Model fields.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Are you using the free or paid app?

0 Karma

patricktownsend

Splunk Enterprise - paid app.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...