Other Usage

Different view in email inline table and CSV attachement

Pawel1
Engager

Hello. So I'm trying to create a report which will send a daily email.

I'm using the action "Send Email" to send the report.

In there I have two options set:

- Inline Table

- Attach CSV

My question is. Can I for example have the "Inline Table" limited to lets say 10 top results?

The thing what I want to achieve here, is to have a short summary in the e-mail body (the 10 top results) and the full search result in the CSV file (which can have hundreds of rows)

Is this even possible in this one action?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Expanding on @richgalloway 's answer - the sendemail.py script which is responsible for sending the results simply renders the given result set into one format or another but it doesn't process them in any additional way. So the behaviour you describe is not possible at the moment.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Expanding on @richgalloway 's answer - the sendemail.py script which is responsible for sending the results simply renders the given result set into one format or another but it doesn't process them in any additional way. So the behaviour you describe is not possible at the moment.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The inline table and the attached CSV will contain the same results - those produced by the report.  Go to https://ideas.splunk.com to make a case for alternatives.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...