Reporting

Dashboard Tokens and PDF Delivery help

Jarohnimo
Builder

I'm utilizing tokens on my dashboard to dynamicly generate date ranges for the header. This involved adding a panel that uses html.

It works fine to run the tokens in the header of the dashboard but the tokens don't run when the dashboard is scheduled to delivery pdf

<div id="custom_header">
<div id="custom_header_title"><h1>weekly report for analyst for week $earliest_time$ through $latest_time$</h1></div>
</div>

when the report is emailed via PDF it actually shows $earliest_time$ through $latest_time$ (ignores running the tokens)... Vs the dashboard that actually runs the tokens and showing the relative dates

I believe this maybe a limitation in splunk looking at the doc but ask for someone confirm? And if there work around?

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.3/Alert/EmailNotificationTokens

Labels (1)

j0e3gan
Explorer

Correct re the limitation to my understanding unfortunately.  See an older related thread.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...