Reporting

Cluster has only 0 peers (waiting for 2 peers to join the cluster)

hrithiktej
Communicator

Receiving as we had to redistribute the configuration to peers and took restart i think both peers took restart when cluster master was down and now we are getting this error Cluster has only 0 peers (waiting for 2 peers to join the cluster)

Please help

0 Karma
1 Solution

hrithiktej
Communicator

Support worked with me to resolve this. The first step always check splunkd.log

Here's our WebEx recap with support team:

From the cluster master the logs made it looks like a network issue but in fact, the indexers were not starting up correctly after a cluster bundle push. After a bundle is deployed, indexers will restart. The indexers were not able to delete the $SPLUNK_HOME/slave-apps.old folder since the contents were owned by another owner.

Resolution: Manually removed the $SPLUNK_HOME/slave-apps.old folder and restarted Splunk.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hrithiktej
Communicator

Support worked with me to resolve this. The first step always check splunkd.log

Here's our WebEx recap with support team:

From the cluster master the logs made it looks like a network issue but in fact, the indexers were not starting up correctly after a cluster bundle push. After a bundle is deployed, indexers will restart. The indexers were not able to delete the $SPLUNK_HOME/slave-apps.old folder since the contents were owned by another owner.

Resolution: Manually removed the $SPLUNK_HOME/slave-apps.old folder and restarted Splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...