Reporting

Can I use Pivot to show daily indexed data from Sample data model?

melonman
Motivator

Hi
I am playing with Splunk 6, and trying to learn Pivot.
Now I am seeing a few data model for internal logs, but is there any useful case of pivot for those data model?
It seems very user friendly, but I am not just familiar with the data model of internal logs.

I would really appreciate if anyone could give me a sample of pivot use for internal logs or data models.

Thank you in advance..

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

davebrooking
Contributor

From my limited knowledge, the following produces quantity indexed over time by sourcetype

1. Using the Quota Usage object from the Splunk’s Internal Server Logs – Sample Data model

2. For the Split Rows select _time and the appropriate size bucket you want from the Period picker

3. For the Split Columns select Sourcetype

4. In Column Values select GB indexed, and for Value select Sum

Dave

View solution in original post

0 Karma

davebrooking
Contributor

From my limited knowledge, the following produces quantity indexed over time by sourcetype

1. Using the Quota Usage object from the Splunk’s Internal Server Logs – Sample Data model

2. For the Split Rows select _time and the appropriate size bucket you want from the Period picker

3. For the Split Columns select Sourcetype

4. In Column Values select GB indexed, and for Value select Sum

Dave

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...