Reporting

Can I email a pdf on demand?

matt
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The sendemail.py script seems to want to support the sending of pdfs, but I can't trick it into actually delivering one from the command line. I have tried:

sourcetype=syslog startminutesago=5 | sendemail to="foo@example.com" sendpdf=1 sendresults=1 pdfview=1

and various other incantations of the same with no luck. The PDF server works fine with dashboards and saved searches.

Inside of the email that sendemail.py sends is this statement:

An error occurred while generating a PDF of this report: Can't attach PDF - either ssLink or sessionKey unavailable

Tags (2)
1 Solution

jrodman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I suspect the the actual pdf generation step is missing here. sendemail's only responsibility is to mail out the pdf.

I do not think the action to fire the pdf generator is exposed to the search language at this time.

View solution in original post

markbarber21
Path Finder
0 Karma

kalitbri
Explorer

+1, I would be happy to see this feature available too.

0 Karma

bfaber
Communicator

This would be a great feature to have. I can't seem to get it working either.

jrodman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I suspect the the actual pdf generation step is missing here. sendemail's only responsibility is to mail out the pdf.

I do not think the action to fire the pdf generator is exposed to the search language at this time.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...