Other Usage

Better formatting of PDF exports in Splunk Cloud

Kieran_gt

I have a need to export dashboards to clients in the Splunk Cloud Environment.

Without having access to the backend it does make it difficult to do many items and Dashboard Studio does not allow the export of scheduled PDFs (nor does it export data very well in comparison (as its not the intent)) 

Someone previously asked the below but did not get a usable response, I wonder if anyone else has any insights for achieving better exports in a Splunk Cloud instance? 

"I want to extract our dashboards the same way as they appear. If I do a PDF export it comes out with 1 or 2 panels on each page rather than the same as the dashboard looks where it might have multiple panels grouped together.

The app 'Smart PDF Exporter for Splunk' https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4030/#/details is ideal but cannot be used for cloud. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to export it in the same method as this app?"

Labels (3)
0 Karma

Kieran_gt

Additionally is it possible to remove the "view dashboard" embedded in the email in scheduled send. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...