Reporting

Appending a new line character behind each user id for Excel exporting purposes

RVDowning
Contributor

I've generated a list of unique user ids (using values()) which display as one per line on the screen with a message indicating there are 332 more values. So, I need to export the list, but would like to have one user id per line, instead of having them strung horizontally with each value separated by a space in the spreadsheet.

Is there a way to concatenate a new line behind each user id when it is extracted from the data?

Tags (3)

martinaire
Explorer

Option #1

Do the following:

| eval user=user."
" |

There is a new line between the quotation marks. Use SHIFT+ENTER to insert the new line into the search field. This concatenates (appends) a new line at the end of each user value. I tested it and noticed inconsistent results (some values dissappeared). Make sure to validate it.

Option #2

Install Splunk for Excel Export. I have not tested this but it may work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...