#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

not able to see "ADD DATA" after clicking on settings icon in splunk home page. please see attachment for better understanding

sra1pothineni

In order to add data into splunk, I am nalt textot able to see add data after clicking on settings icon in splunk home page. I have logged in by using my normal account than company.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Vinay_Mantha
Engager

Only Admin can have access to add data.
No,user or power have permission to do that

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It seems like you've been assigned a regular User role and the add data option (and other administrative options) are not available to User Role.

You would need a role with necessary capabilities to be able to access it. See this link for more details of different capabilities available in Splunk.
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Security/Rolesandcapabilities

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Looks like you don't have permissions to add data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...