#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Your favorite Conf20 sessions and things

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi All, As conf20 is around half-finished, i just thought to get some helping hands about the conf20 from our friends, so that, we, conf-newbies can learn from conf-gurus. Can we have some discussions about -

1. whats your favorite sessions so far?

2. whats sessions you are waiting for? (on today and tomorrow)

3. Anything interesting you liked?.. (the million data points, dungens and dragons game, etc)

4. SplunkTrust ... Good to see 66 😉new splunktrust members. So, how one can plan to become a splunktrust member 2021? what things one need to plan and do, any suggestions, views, points please. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

as other already said start with keynotes and you see what is Splunk’s current direction. Then select some super sessions which contains things which you are interested of. Those gives little bit detailed level information about those. If you are technically oriented then definitely those TRU-sessions are for you.

In this year I additionally listen many of dev sessions especially how to automate things (test, deploy etc). Unfortunately there are too much interesting sessions that you couldn’t get all of them, but fortunately most of those will be at conf.splunk.com later on and you could look those slides first and if those are interested then also listen the presentation.

To be honest in this year it’s easier to plan as you don’t need to reserve your seat to session as you must do when we are personally present. The. You must use app and plan your conf well earlier to listen what you want. It’s not possible to just go to sessions in last minute!

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

thanks all, solving it.. there were more than one good reply.. selected one and assigned karma points to all..

if anybody still got some views/suggestions, you are welcome! thanks!.. i will update karma points for all good replies, as usual, always!!

Best Regareds

Sekar

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

bump ...waiting for some more interesting info please..let me wait for a day or two and solve this question. thanks!

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

bump bump...
waiting for some more interesting info please..
let me wait for this weekend and solve this question on next weekdays. 

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

as other already said start with keynotes and you see what is Splunk’s current direction. Then select some super sessions which contains things which you are interested of. Those gives little bit detailed level information about those. If you are technically oriented then definitely those TRU-sessions are for you.

In this year I additionally listen many of dev sessions especially how to automate things (test, deploy etc). Unfortunately there are too much interesting sessions that you couldn’t get all of them, but fortunately most of those will be at conf.splunk.com later on and you could look those slides first and if those are interested then also listen the presentation.

To be honest in this year it’s easier to plan as you don’t need to reserve your seat to session as you must do when we are personally present. The. You must use app and plan your conf well earlier to listen what you want. It’s not possible to just go to sessions in last minute!

r. Ismo

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Ok, for future readers, let me post the conf20 info here, thanks.

Catch Up on Replays on .conf Online

https://conf.splunk.com/watch/conf-online.html?#/

Several key announcements were made last week during .conf20. Click below to read more:
• Splunk Blogs
• Product Releases

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/software/new-release.html

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
One cannot *plan* to become a SplunkTrust member. It doesn't work that way. You can plan to apply to the SplunkTrust, but you'll need material to include in the application.
Good applications demonstrate how you've contributed to the Splunk community over the past year. That can be via Splunk Answers, Slack, user groups, presenting at conferences, creating apps, or some other way that benefits other Splunk users.
SplunkTrust is not about how well you know Splunk, how many certifications you have, or even what you've used Splunk for at work. It's about the community.
So, plan to contribute and the execute that plan.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi @ITWhisperer @richgalloway @thambisetty @isoutamo @to4kawa @niketn @somesoni2 ... your suggestions and views please..

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Timing isn't great for me so will try to catch up with some on-demand sessions later.

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

hi @inventsekar 

Honestly, I think I'm going to try some things in the future.

I'll have to check out the breakout sessions starting with TRU.

It's good that you can watch it on demand this time.

KEY1948 - Success in the Data Age (AMER) was good. It made me want to work harder.

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @inventsekar,

I'm italian, so I'll see the sessions in the next days (not on-line), and I'll fully answer to you question in the next days.

The only on line sessions I watched  are the first day keynotes and I found them very interesting.

SplunkTrusts are more than 66 because there are 15 additional members, me too 😉

You can find the new members at https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/conf-splunklive/we-proudly-announce-the-splunktrust-2021-members.h...

For other informations, you can see in the Community menu.

In few words, the nominations will start in the next year (maybe June).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...